Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Huawei ascend Y300 red light top left flashing and I cannot

huawei ascend Y300
red light top left flashing and I cannot switch the phone on. It was on charge over night.
Please can you help?

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Phone and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Phone by holding volume up and power.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no change

If you connect the charger, do the charging lights show?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
only the flashing red one.

Can you connect a different charger to it, does it then show it charging?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i do not have another charger. But my wife used this charger for her phone last evening and it was perfectly OK.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.