Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

TV working last night but will not switch on today. Tried

TV working last night but will not switch on today. Tried changing batteries - no result. Makes clicking sounds and red light remains on. Tried switching off at mains and re-trying without success. Any suggestions.Thank you. Pam

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry -no result.

If you press the menu button on the TV's remote control, does the menu show?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No nothing appears but the red light stays on and flickers

Ok, disconnect everything from the TV, then connect only the power and turn it on.

What then happens?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nothing happening -just the red light on

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for responding but how much has this advice cost me? I was assured of satisfaction .

I cannot see anything regarding costs, but I can only tell you sorry the reality of the situation and what needs to be done in order to resolve this.

I am sorry if as it now seems, you are unhappy with me, but please understand I can only tell you what the problem is.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Don't be unhappy Richard. You are only doing your job - it's just disappointing not to get it fixed.

I understand, if it was software it would be resolved, but the problem is the issue is a hardware failure

Thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.