Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

My TX-L37v10B has just stopped working - there is no red

Customer Question

My TX-L37v10B has just stopped working - there is no red light appearing. I ve checked the plug and changed the fuse.
I'm trying to work out what it is likely to cost to have it fixed - any ideas?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Paul, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Is the red light flashing and if so how many times does it flash when you go to turn it on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is no red light
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Ok if there is no stand by light then this points towards a faulty power board, there are fuses on the power board but they are not the traditional 5A fuses you have in plugs.

I would be inclined to unplug the TV, remove the back and see if you can see any obvious signs of damage to the power board (burn marks), if you cant look for the first fuse in the circuit and check the continuity, if its open then replace the fuse and turn the TV back on, a fuse would cost around £1-2.

If its the power board which is at fault your looking at £30 from here. Typical cost if you opt to have it repaired by a TV engineer including parts is around £80.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks - I’ve taken the back off and can’t see any damage - the power supply board (assuming it’s the one with the fuse on it) looks nothing like the picture on the link you sent me. It looks like mine has the reference TNP A4898 on it. Any thoughts?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Can you attach a picture of what you can see?

Alot of the pictures on parts websites you stock photos so may not always be the exact part.

Expert:  JamesI replied 23 days ago.

Ive not had a response from you in some time please let me know how I can assist you further.

James