Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

My epson xp 635 won't work. I believe it isn't connecting on

my epson xp 635 won't work. I believe it isn't connecting on wifi, even though I went through the wifi set up
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi Elizabeth,

Have you run the installation CD on your Mac?

If not, please do that first.

If you have, or after that it still doesn't work try re-starting your WiFi router.

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you Richard
The printer isn't new and has worked before. I never had an installation CD. I have a mac with no CD player. Maybe I should delete the app, then re-install? I'm not quite sure how to do that.When the wifi set up tells me "connection failed", it asks if I'd like to print the report. When I say "yes", it tells me to open the receiving tray, which is already open. When I press "ok" , it gives me instructions how to open the receiving tray.The printer isn't brand new, but has only printed one or two things, when I first bought it, probably, a year and a half ago?I can't figure out how to turn off the modem in my husband's new , complicated set up:ten wires coming out of a "Virgin " box. I'm afraid to screw up the whole , complicated system

Hi Elizabeth,

Sorry, I can't take a phone call at the moment, but the receiving tray problem is curious as the printer should really be able to print the report regardless of the WiFi connection issue. The receiving tray is where the printed copies are ejected, is that definitely fully open - it's just beneath the control panel and above where you put the paper in.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it’s definitely fully open!In the meantime, I tried to reset my printing devices on the computer. It deleted all of them in the house, but has given me no clue as to how to reinstall them .

Hi Elizabeth,

Are you available for a call now?

Best Regards,

Rich

Hi Elizabeth,

Many thanks for our phone call during which we re-established the WiFi connection, re-installed the printer on your Mac and tested that printing was working again.

Best Regards,

Rich