JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

Samsung LED TV - Model UE22H5600AK would you be able to

Customer Question

Samsung LED TV - Model UE22H5600AK
Hi there, would you be able to advise me how to re-tune my TV - I have a message on ITV3 that says I must retune.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Chloe
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Is it just ITV or are you also encountering the same message on other channels?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just ITV3
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Ok you need to go into Settings > Broadcasting > Auto Tune.

This will then scan all channels and update your channel listing, please let me know if you need anything further.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Justin, I've done this, now I have no channels whatsoever. Help!
Chloe
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well now I have channels, but do not know how to retune ITV3. grateful for any help>
Thanks Chloe
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Morning Chloe, due to the time you sent your response I have only just seen them this morning.

So I am clear you now have all the channels showing, if you go into TV guide and scroll down you will find ITV3 after BBC Four in the listings, or if you enter channel 10 it will take you directly to it.

James

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi JamesI'll try this tonight, and let you know how I got on. I was out last night. Many thanks for your help.
Best wishes
Chloe Fox-Lambert
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

No problem Chloe, will await to hear back from you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi James
Well that didn't work either - so I'm getting increasingly frustrated - it should not be that difficult to re-tune a TV! Surely!?
so currently on ITV 3, it is still saying I need to re-tune. Is there anything else I can try? Many thanks. Chloe
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

So I am clear it goes through the process of scanning all the channels and after it completes your getting the same message when viewing ITV3?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi James, yes that is right - in fact it would seem that auto tune doesn't work - but it goes through all channels and then tells me that there are no channels available - cant help thinking I'm missing something here. Any ideas. (are you fed up with me yet?)
Thank Chloe
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Ok Chloe, the only thing I can think of is performing a factory reset.

Which should be under the Support section of the menu, let me know if you run into issues resetting the TV to factory/shipping conditions.

Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Do you need anything further?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi James, No luck with that. I have friends who have needed to re-tune and have done so through auto-tune. Maybe it's my set, but it's under a year old - I'll get back to you if thats OK.
Chloe
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Hi Chloe,

If other TV's are working without issue it does suggest the internal tuner has started to fail, which will be covered under manufacturers warranty (if the TV is still under a year old).

Before contacting Samsung on 0330(###) ###-#### check the cable going to the aerial socket on the wall is not showing any signs of damage.

Will await to hear back from you.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

Please confirm if you need anything further or if I can resolve the case