Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

My mother has a Sony 32" KDL32R403C TV. She is going deaf

Customer Question

Hi, my mother has a Sony 32" KDL32R403C TV. She is going deaf and sets the volume too high, annoying her neighbour in the flat next door. How do I set an upper/maximum volume limit please? I have found out how to get into the Hotel Settings on my own LG but can't find anything online for my mother's Sony.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 days ago.

Hi Paul, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

These units are not designed with a hotel menu, but there is a service menu which I think has a max volume setting (certainly a max startup volume setting from memory).

Most Sony service menu' are access by placing the Tv into standby then pressing the following on the remote. Display, 5, Power On, should this not work try Display, 5, Volume Up, Power On.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK. Thank you. I saw something saying Display, 5, Volume DOWN, Power on to enter Self Check mode. Is this something different to the Service Menu?
I can't check this out until I go back to mum's home. I'll let you know if I can set the max volume in due course.Paul
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 days ago.

Self check is one feature in the service menu, there should be an option saying Audio which you can go into and look for the audio settings.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi James, well I've been to mother's and got into the hidden menu, and there was a lot of stuff I did not understand, but I have not been able to find any means of setting a maximum volume. My next step is to swap her Sony TV for my volume limited LG and I can contact you again when I can be online with the TV next to the PC.
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

No problem Paul, Samsung models also provide similar functionality.