JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

My mother has a Sony 32" KDL32R403C TV. She is going deaf

Hi, my mother has a Sony 32" KDL32R403C TV. She is going deaf and sets the volume too high, annoying her neighbour in the flat next door. How do I set an upper/maximum volume limit please? I have found out how to get into the Hotel Settings on my own LG but can't find anything online for my mother's Sony.

Hi Paul, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

These units are not designed with a hotel menu, but there is a service menu which I think has a max volume setting (certainly a max startup volume setting from memory).

Most Sony service menu' are access by placing the Tv into standby then pressing the following on the remote. Display, 5, Power On, should this not work try Display, 5, Volume Up, Power On.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK. Thank you. I saw something saying Display, 5, Volume DOWN, Power on to enter Self Check mode. Is this something different to the Service Menu?
I can't check this out until I go back to mum's home. I'll let you know if I can set the max volume in due course.Paul

Self check is one feature in the service menu, there should be an option saying Audio which you can go into and look for the audio settings.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi James, well I've been to mother's and got into the hidden menu, and there was a lot of stuff I did not understand, but I have not been able to find any means of setting a maximum volume. My next step is to swap her Sony TV for my volume limited LG and I can contact you again when I can be online with the TV next to the PC.

No problem Paul, Samsung models also provide similar functionality.

Please confirm if you need anything further or if I can resolve the case

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well, you can sign me off, but I wasn't able to set a maximum volume, and I see you have already charged me.Paul