Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Switch on,some sound,then screen flashes and set reverts to

Switch on,some sound,then screen flashes and set reverts to off.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Model number in GB is; TXL42B6B.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Why am I waiting so long for a reply?

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your TV apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

To clarify, you mean the TV turns off by itself after you turn it on?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Green light on, then picture flashes across the screen, with sound. Within seconds, set shuts down to red light. When the picture comes on it appears to open, but only by a couple of inches.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't wish to pay any more.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Richard. Did as you instructed,green light on,few seconds, picture flashed on for couple of seconds. Set went off, red light.

Disconnect everything from the TV, so DVD player, cable box ect and then connect only the power cable.

Power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Rich. Trying my best,but,I have three discs out in my back and trapped nerves too. Surgery on Wed. So, herself will be home about 3.30 will it be OK to talk then please.

yes this is ok

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks a bundle. Mike.

I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Rich. Tried out what you suggested, but the results are the same ?

When it goes off, does the standby light go off as well?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But now the red light is back on,flashing.

How many times does it flash in a sequence?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Seven seconds between flashex
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Seven seconds between each flash.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hallo.

This means the SOS 2 SU or SD or SS Board has faulted, this is what the code refers to with the 7 flashes

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have thsese diagnosed and replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Rich. Would you have any idea what the repair cost would be please ?
Thanks for your help.

Not till we know which board has faulted, but you will be looking at no more then 250 max with labor

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks again, I think that I could get a new one for that ?

How old is it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Maybe 5 or more and quite well used.

I would then avoid the repair, if just after 2 years then it is worth considering but after 5 years I would look at a replacement instead and put this one on ebay for parts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks yet again, we concur.