JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

My Panasonic TX49DS500B has a fault with one of the HDMI

My Panasonic TX49DS500B has a fault with one of the HDMI sockets, the picture is there but no sound. I have changed the lead but still no good. Could you help please.
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
HDMI socket 2 OK
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi Brian, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

To confirm I have understood your issue, when you plug the HDMI cable in HDMI 1 into HDMI 2 the picture and sound is fine, but when putting back into HDMI 1 you dont get any sound?

What is the source providing the input to HDMI (DVR, Satellite\Cable receiver, Games Console)?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cable on HDMI 2 MXQ tv box on 1, there is no sound on HDMI 1 even when I swop the cable input with the MXQ box. But on HDMI 2 they both have sound. Hope that explains the fault. Regards Brian
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
James thanks for your help, I checked in the menu for sound and found HDMI 1 was on analogue, 2 was on Digital I have put them both on Digital and also check for any software updates there has been none but when I came out of menu the sound has returned, so it may have been HDMI1 on analogue must have been the problem. the only worry is how did it change to analogue? anyway all OK now. Regards Brian

I would be inclined to perform a factory reset, as some other settings may have also changed.

Normally analogue input is associated with using another source such as PC or composite input.

Ive seen instances where a software update does change settings, but it is unusual, when was the last time you switched to an analogue source on the TV (something other than HDMI)?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I never have changed it to analogue or used an analogue device?. Where do you find factory reset in the TV menu?

Depending on the version of software your TV is running its normally under the following Menu:

Menu > Setup > Factory Reset

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The only reference that deletes channels etc is shipping condition?

Shipping condition would be the same as factory reset, not sure why they seem to use that for some version and factory reset for others.

At least after doing that and retuning that should mean you have defaulted all your settings.