Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I let my samsung galaxy s6 run out of battery life by

Customer Question

I let my samsung galaxy s6 run out of battery life by mistake, now it wont accept my security code or fingerprint help.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Is the issue you forgot the code you set for the unit?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
well i thought i knew the code but im beginning to wonder if i had changed it
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Note, it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

Step 1: Turn off your device.

Step 2: Hold the volume up, home, and power buttons down simultaneously. Continue to hold this combination while your phone boots, or until the screen shows the iconic Android logo.

Step 3: After a few moments, you’ll have access to your phone’s boot menu. Using the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to make your selection, find and select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.

Step 4: Scroll down to Yes, delete all user data, and press the power button once again. You will then notice script scrolling across the bottom of the screen, which will end with Data Wipe Complete.

Step 5: Once the operation is complete, press the power button to reset your device.

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
not working my phone just keeps asking for a code waste of money i think
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

On which step of the instructions I gave did you get stuck on?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
from the start all i get is put in the code
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

You need to first power off the phone completely please.

Please watch this film as it shows you my steps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iZi4xga6FI

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
okay i will
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Please let me know the results

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my phone wont power off completely if i touch the home button it still comes up asking for a code
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

It is not then powered off, hold the power button till the menu shows and choose power off please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no its just keeps asking for a codei have done that several times then it still keeps asking for the code
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok.. we try it then this way, click my link below

www.android.com/devicemanager

Sign in with the Gmail account you use on the phone, then once it is located choose to Erase it

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have done that and have chosen to archive my data, but going to take forever , total nightmare samsung should allow you to reset your password *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
or should i have said google
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

I understand but this is the process that is available to us

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not putting any blame on you , but so frustrating there is no easy fix for this , i live in hope .Thanks anyway
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.