JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a Panasonic TX-l42E3B TV. It has been working fine

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TX-l42E3B TV. It has been working fine and then the a few days back, no picture, no sound. The red light is on so power is getting into the TV. When I press the remote controller, the red light on the TV flickers so the remote is connecting to the TV. But no picture, just a black screen and no sound. Any suggestions please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Hi David, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

So the TV is just staying in standby, and the LED light doesnt flash when you go to turn it on without the remote?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The red might on the front is is in a steady state when I turn the TV on. When I use the remote to change the channel the red light flickers so I assume the TV is picking up the remote but the screen stays black and no sound. It is as if the TV has gone into a standby, freeze mode. David
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Ok this points to a main board fault if it were a power supply fault the red light would flash after you leg go of the remote.

How long have you had the TV?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
About 4 years
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.
The main board costs around £50, if you take the tv to a local repair store your looking around £100 parts and labour.
Based on the age of the Mac one you probably have another 4 years of life out of it before more fatal fault will develop.
Let me know if you need anything further