JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

My TX-L50B6B is literally on the blink. Sound is perfect and

My TX-L50B6B is literally on the blink. Sound is perfect and the power LED is a steady green, but the picture blinks at about 1.5 cps. "TV Self-test" produces the test sound and picture very briefly, then screen goes blank and the power LED shows red at about once per 3 seconds. Please advise!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please continue
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

This fault suggests an issue with the power supply board, most likely its unable to provide a continues voltage to the main board and causing it to power down and back up again.

How long have you had the TV?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nearly 4 years

Ok the TV as a good 5 years life left in it then, and would be worth repairing.

would you be looking to repair the appliance yourself which would require removing the back checking the voltage with a multi meter then replacing the power board which is a printed circuit board held in by screws and cables with push fit connectors?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I could fit a replacement power board. How can I best get one - direct from Panasonic, do you think? Can you suugest a possible cost, please? Thanks!

Once you have checked the voltage on the board with a multi meter to verify it is the power board and not a faulty IC on the main board, you can source the part from a spares firm such as this one here.

However you need to make sure you match up the P/N on the board, as you get many variants for the same model.

The average cost of a power board is around £30-40, you can also source them cheaper from eBay, but not confident in the quality.

Please let me know if you need anything further.

JamesI, Technician
Experience: I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Most grateful for your helpful advice - thank you.