Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have lost all my e.mails up until yesterday when I was

Customer Question

I have lost all my e.mails up until yesterday when I was moving just one into Folders. The whole lot vanished and I am unable to find them Can you help please
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: HP lapton 8.1 Pro.
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked through all the folders and other types of e.mails like Trash, Spam
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Am unable to think of anything other than confusion!
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I can and need to wait to obtain an answer. Thank you. Derek
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 14 days ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks?
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 13 days ago.

Hi Derek,

What email application are you using please?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
This is a repeat. Google plus BT Mail
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
As I have said elsewhere I have no wish to pay anything more until and if the results are satisfactory. This has been a most protracted way of getting an answer!

Hi Derek,

Please ignore the phone call request which is automatically generated by the system. Also, I can request a refund for you at any stage if you're not happy with the service.

When you say Google plus BT Mail, do you mean you access your BT mail through the Google Chrome browser, rather than using Microsoft Outlook, etc?

What is your email address please?

What sometimes happens is that when you move an email to a folder you accidentally move the whole folder of emails to that folder, so worth checking that.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
BT Mail through Google Chrome. You have my e.mail address as you are writing to me. However:***@******.***. I have checked through the folders many times in hope!.Nothing! Derek
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 12 days ago.

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your email address, although the JustAnswer system has this it's not made available to those of us that answer the questions.

I've done some research and others have had similar issues with BT Email for example:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/All-emails-from-BTMail-account-have-disappeared/td-p/1783861/page/2

As you'll see on pg 2 BT managed to restore the emails.

BT has two emails system BT Email and BT Yahoo Email - if you have BT Yahoo Email you can request that your emails are restored here:

https://uk.help.yahoo.com/kb/bt/email-deleted-trash-days-recovered-sln2160.html

In either case, I think the best course of action is to contact BT Support ( 0800 800 150 ) about this as soon as possible to see if they can restore your emails.

In future, it would be best if you could use an email client on your laptop so that they are downloaded to that and under your control.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks. Will call BT and then call you back. Derek

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the update - let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Rich

Expert:  Richard Hill replied 10 days ago.

Hi Derek,

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive star rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich