Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

My freeview recorder said it had reached its capacity and I

my freeview recorder said it had reached its capacity and I cant record until I have deleted some recordings but I have no recordings in the recording library all that comes up in the recording library is the disk is missing ????
Assistant: What are you having trouble accessing or opening?
Customer: HDTP8530
Assistant: How long have you had your HDTP8530?
Customer: about 4 years
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: back to factory settings
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

When you reset to factory setting did you Include HDD Format?

Unfortunately, this will erase all recordings, but may resolve the issue.

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive star rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

If you have completed the factory reset with the HDD format option turned on without success, then this points to a more serious issue with the recorder. Is the recorder still under guarantee, if so returning it would be the best option?

If not then I see there is a software update on the website which might be worth trying:

https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/HDTP8530_05/digital-terrestrial-television-recorder/support

If that doesn't work, we can try contacting Phillips to see if they are willing to assist.

Best Regards,

Rich