JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

This is a message for who knows all about the issues. I have

Customer Question

This is a message for James who knows all about the issues. I have a picture of the plate inside the door and it is saying Voltage 120-240 60HZ 5400W 3wire. I have been totally 'confused' by the many options for a converter including some that 3 times the cost of he dryer in the first place!! Can you help with a suggestion for what would do the job at a minimum cost. Thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Right firstly this appliance will run on two voltages (120 and 240), so that gives you more options but clearly 110V is still lower than 120 and 208 is less than 240.

Its 5.4KW or 5400W which would take a 22.5A fuse, so that would need a fairly powering inverter (in the region of 6KW), the original estimate was 5KW from memory.

Due to the power required you going to have to approach electrical firms such as the one here or here, the alternative is to return the appliance and buy one design for 50HZ I am afraid.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 days ago.

Do do you require any further assistance?