JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have an Agfaphoto 35mm digital scanner, model SCND502E123

I have an Agfaphoto 35mm digital scanner, model SCND502E123 but have lost the setup disc and cannot use it. Please help
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot use the scanner until I get a new set-up disk so I have no option but to wait for an answer. Is it not possible to find another user nesr me who could lend me a disk?
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I appreciate that it is vacation time. I cannot raise any interest at AgfaPhoto and the product box gives an address and phone number in Milton Keyes but the company Almonde is not recognised.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

What version of windows are you using

Can you also confirm this is a 35mm negative scanner?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Windows 10. It scans both 35mm slides and colour negs. Can I download a driver?

Is the device USB, and does windows not detect it?

The device is showing up as the same as a FilmScan 35i which should be picked up by windows, however it is also showing as not compatible with windows 10. Was this previously running on Win 10?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had it working before the disk was lost. Here are the details again. AgfaPhoto 35mmdigital film scanner/converter. Model SCND502E123.

Right and when you plug it into windows and scan for devies its not detected?

Ive not heard back from you do you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The red scan light/button on the unit is on but the device is not shown in File Explorer

Does it show in devices and printers?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it it listed there, as 35mm film scanner but also says there is a driver error

Ok have you tried going in asking for it to search for a driver, the device is showing as not compatible with windows 10, so you will likely encounter issues, but saying that it was working before so should work again (just not supported by the manufacturer).

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, I do not have a 4g phone so cannot respond by mobile. I am almost blind so carry on. I have tried to contact AgfaPhoto but without success. I will have to discard the unit and give up the idea of scanning my valuable 35mm film

I would suggest you opt to buy a new film scanner such as the one here, as this model does support windows 10 and less than £35

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Found one on Amazon and ordered it. Many thanks for your help.

No problem Roy, so I can resolve the case please rate the service using the star rating on this page.

JamesI, Technician
Experience: I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.