Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

My sat nav just answered my phone automatically. Why would

my sat nav just answered my phone automatically . Why would that happen

Hi Patrick,

Which Sat Nav make/model do you have please?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not have it to hand as my wife is using it. My question is. Regardless of make or model could this happen and if so what could be happening for it to do that. Many thanks for responding sorry to be a bit vague

Hi Patrick,

That's fine.

Yes, this can happen if the Sat Nav has a feature which allows it to be paired via Bluetooth with your Mobile phone and an auto-answer feature which allows you to take a call without pressing any buttons whilst driving. Some TomTom and Garmin Sat Navs definitely have such features.

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
But will it do that without being voice activated also in other words it answers after a ring or two. I am looking for details as it happened at work and I am trying to show my employers that this is what happened and that I did not interfere with it ...it just came on when my phone rang ie it answered straight away without any voice prompt. Regards. Patrick.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is it just one question?

Hi Patrick,

No, I'm just trying to find an example of where auto-answer is set.

Would you be able to confirm the make/model later?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think its a Garmin but my wife is in france visiting her mom and dad so won't be back till next week. So it is a Garmin sorry I can't pin it down the model I know its about 2years old. I was wondering why it could answer even without voice activation as it s did startle me. My phone was paired via bluetooth and my phone was switched on but was in my bag at the time and next thing I knew was a voice from my work speaking through the device without any prompt from myself. I really appreciate your response and once again please except my apologies for not been able to provide the model number.

Hi Patrick,

I've done some research and I'm now thinking that maybe your mobile was set to Auto-Answer?

On an iPhone that's set in Settings > Feneral > Accessibility > Call Audio Routing > Auto-Answer Calls

Other mobiles probably have a similar setting.

Is that a possibility?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just checked my phone and it is on auto and it rings for ten seconds then it picks up. So that would explain why I then heard the voice through the Garmin device or the tom Tom which ever it is.

Hi Patrick,

I'm glad we got to the bottom of it.

I hope my answer was helpful, if so a positive star rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It does it explains why it then came through the speaker on the sat nav

Hi Patrick,

Thanks, ***** ***** could click on the stars to rate me that would great.

Best Regards,

Rich

Thanks for the positive rating.

Best Regards,

Rich