JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I Have a Panasonic tv TX-26LXD52 quite old, around the time

I Have a Panasonic tv TX-26LXD52 quite old, around the time of HD ready.
Assistant: How old is your TX-26LXD52?
Customer: Its worked fine since I had it but now wont turn on. The red led flashes a number of times and a slight glimmer on the screen then goes dead.
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not sure exactly how old maybe 12 years?

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

When the red light was flashing do you recall how many flashes it gave, as this give you the error code.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
James, the red light flashing is very rapid, its about 30 times, difficult to count & 4 seconds.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello! are you there?

Hi sorry for the delay, I wasnt able to get online yesterday.

If its flashing rapidly this points to a faulty power board, based on the age of the TV its likely to cause one issue after the other over the coming years, so would advise against repair.

However that said you can source he part here, for around £20, but with this model its hard to tell if there are other parts also at fault, so would allow £50 in parts as there is also a second PSU (sub board) which may also need to be replaced.

Do let me know if you need anything further

Do you require any further assistance?

Please confirm your happy for me to close the case, or let me know if you need anything further.

Please confirm the question can be marked as answered or let me know if you need anything further