Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

The Tv asked me to update. Then a password. I entered the

the Tv asked me to update. Then a password. I entered the password ***** the sky box but it was not recognised. do not know what to do now. did not know we even had a password !!!!!!
Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: It is a sharp smart tv about 6 m0nths old
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no nothing works now
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: about 30 mins. we were watching TV and a screen came up advising us to update. So I followed the instructions and then entered the password ***** the sky box. But it was the wrong one.
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont know what else to say!!!

Hi there and welcome

Are you referring to the wireless password?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that was the password ***** typed in. It is the only one I thought was relevent, I am not aware that we had any other for the TV.

Do you have a windows computer already connected to the wifi network?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this one

We can get the password ***** this.

Press the windows key + R and type in

ncpa.cpl

Press enter

Right click on the wireless connection and click on Status

Then click on wireless properties

Click on the Security Tab and then click on Show Characters and you can then see the wireless password ***** to use

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that was the password ***** used. But it is in capitals and I did use lower case

use capitals please it has to be capitals

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok will give it a go. It is the right password *****? It's the one on the sky box. Sorry but I am the kiss of death to all things technical but I am good with kids and animals.

yes it is, it just needs to be capitals, ill mark this question to remain open so

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. Got to go now. Will have to try later. Is that Ok?

yes it is, please remember though the rating before leaving via the stars at the top then submit

thank you