Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I am a bit stupid Went away for work last month and left my

Hello, I am a bit stupid Went away for work last month and left my Tablet e. I came home and tried what I thought was the password ***** no success I went to an electronics chain, who told me that it was easy to override, but it would just ask me for the password ***** Is there a way to get into the tablet, which has a couple of books on etc
Assistant: When did you last change the password ***** passcode to your device?
Customer: late summer this year - prior to that it had no password, but as I was leaving it, thought it might need a password
Assistant: Is there a Gmail address linked to your device?
Customer: I think so
Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't know - sorry!

Hi there and welcome

What is the make and model of the tablet?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab e
the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Note, it is the only way.Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do. Turn your Galaxy Tab 3 off.Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together until you see an Android lying on its back. This is the - stock recovery screen.Use the volume keys to scroll down to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and use the Power button to confirm.Scroll down to Yes, Delete All User Data and hit Power to confirm.Back on the first screen, scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition and select with power button.Hit Reboot System Now to restart your Galaxy Tab 3 with factory settings restored. The device will restart.You can then set it up again.I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.You can also check if your photos where backed up on this linkhttp://photos.google.com Just make sure to sign in with the same account you used on the phoneLet me know how you go please
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you. At work now. Will try later. Thanks again

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.