JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

Is it possible to amend an incorrect speed limit showing on

Hi. Is it possible to amend an incorrect speed limit showing on the maps of my Kenwood DNX518VDABS?
Assistant: How long have you had your DNX518VDABS?
Customer: Many thanks
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've had it for 2weeks. Tried touching speed symbol but nothing happens.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi. I'm happy to wait thanks.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Where did the speed limit data come from was this part of the original map or did you subscribe to a specific service?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi. The map information & speed limit data came with the unit. I have since updated it using the www.garmin.com/kenwood website as suggested in the instruction manual.

Right so the latest map update still has the wrong speed shown?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

There isnt a easy way to edit the data as its stored in a flat file, if you were using a separate provider for your updates you can often edit the specific files. In this case you can only report the error to Garmin to update the map then wait for them to issue an update.

JamesI, Technician
Experience: I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK James. Thanks for the information. I will do as you suggest. Many thanks for your help. Brian