Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Display shows Read Error and cannot access pictures

Assistant: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: Fujifilm Finepix F440
Assistant: How long have you had your F440?
Customer: About 10 years
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried Menu but does not give any options
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks just need to know what to do now!

"Read Error" means that the memory card cannot be read.

Try fitting a different memory card and let me know if the camera can read it ok.

If the camera cannot read any memory card then the contact pins in the memory card slot may have been damaged.

--------------------

Thanks for the opportunity to assist you, your satisfaction is my priority. I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

I will still be here if you need me.

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Happy New Year!

Pete.

--------------------

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi,Pete - Thanks for your advice. I tried my spare memory card but the result was 'No Images' as obviously there were no pictures on it. However it doesn't really matter as the camera is still functioning OK - just means that I have lost the few pictures that were on there. This may have happened when the camera fell off the table whilst plugged in to the laptop. Never mind - thanks for your help anyway.

Ok, if you need anything else just let me know!

Best,

Pete.