How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robert Capeder Your Own Question
Robert Capeder
Robert Capeder,
Category: Electronics
Satisfied Customers: 10
Experience:  Operations and Support at LCI Services
Type Your Electronics Question Here...
Robert Capeder is online now

I have a JVC LT-32DA42J television. The sound is not good

This answer was rated:

I have a JVC LT-32DA42J television. The sound is not good and I want to improve it. Can I fit a soundbar to it and if so, which one using what connections, please?
Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?
Customer: I use the HDMI connections for my Humax freesat box
Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just how to improve sound.

Hello, my name is***** will be happy to help you!

Let me check what options you will have for connecting a soundbar to your television.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, just online please.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there anyone there?

I am here.

Typically with a soundbar it would be hooked up via HDMI.

For your TV model, it looks like you have two HDMI ports, are any of these not in use right now?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
One is spare. the instruction book says they are for input only?

I see, do either one of the two HDMI ports have the letters "ARC" either above or beneath it, like in this photo?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. Just HDMI1 and HDMI2

In that case, let me double check what other options you have for connecting a soundbar.

I will message you back here shortly.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** to hearing shortly

Your best option I believe would be to use the 3.5 mm auxiliary jack, aka the headphone jack on your television.

I have included links to a reasonably priced option for a soundbar and an auxiliary cable.

I sincerely ***** ***** helps, if you have any questions at all please let me know!

Thank you

Robert Capeder and other Electronics Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your help!

No problem at all, have an awesome day!