Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Do you answer technical questions regarding SD cards?

Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Samsung EVO Plus 256GB SD Card
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried it, but I believe it's a fake I have to be honest I didn't buy it from Samsung, but bought it from Amazon.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just wanted to know how you could tell a fake product, just by looking at it.

Yes, I can assist you with your SD card question.

To tell if it is a fake, first pay close attention to the printing of the words. Check to see there is not misprinting as this is a quality control issue that wouldn't escape a real Samsung SD Card.

Also check the edges of the Samsung SD Card - on all official Samsung SD Cards, the plastic edging is white.

When they manufacture the fake SD cards, the costs involved to have the edges white is too expensive, so this is another giveaway.

Black edges on a Samsung Micro SD Card always means it's a fake.

You can also check the packaging - if you look at the bottom right hand side of the packaging, you will notice a Model Code.

Something like MB-MG32EA/EU or MB-MF32DA/AM or MB-MS32D/CN

The /EU means the product is meant for sale in Europe and Australia.

The /AM means the product is meant for sale in America.

The /CN means this product is meant for sale in China.

If you don't live in China and you receive a Samsung Micro SD Card with the model code ending in CN then you could be a victim of a fake SD card.

--------------------

Thanks for the opportunity to assist you, your satisfaction is my priority. I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

I will still be here if you need me.

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Happy New Year!

Pete.

--------------------

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your help. Yes I give you a 5 Star rating.
Also a Happy New Year to you also!
Kind regards,
Phill