KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  Working since 15 years
70193065

My NN-V572S stopped working yesterday while heating water

My NN-V572S stopped working yesterday while heating water for 5 minutes. The casing felt hot and there was an "electrical" smell. This morning it will start but is not producing any heating effect and turns itself off in the middle of the timer countdown. Is it beyond economic repair? HNY Peter
Assistant: How long have you had your NN-V572S?
Customer: About 10 years?
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken the cover off and cant see any thing thats looks wrong - no circuit board discolouration evident.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hiya,

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

It starts but won't heat so I believe the control board is fine.

It is the magnetron that will need replacement.

The cost of repair will be around £250 including parts and labor.

It is better to buy a new one instead of spending this amount on a 10 year old appliance.

____________________________________________________________

My goal is to provide you with Excellent service. If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated as that's the only way I get paid for my assistance. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask! You won’t be charged any additional fees. Happy New Year, Thank You!

KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience: Working since 15 years