Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product? Just

Hi Pearl,
Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Just a second....an Optoma EP 721
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing really...we are concerned of a fault which is gradually getting worse. Clusters of white doys have apprered but only in the corners of the image. Looked pretty at Christmas but...….!
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I suspect it may be the bulb on the way out, We have had it a couple of yars but the projector iis only used maybe four hours per month.

HI,

I've done some research and this could be dust on the projection lens, but more likely a faulty DMD (Digital Micromirror Device) chip which would need to be replaced. The following video describes this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJpGvrz3yR4

Some further info. here:

https://www.projectorrepair.co.uk/projector-white-dots-repairs/

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience: A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** have not watched the whole repair video (life is too short!) but your diagnosis looks correct and I have messaged Projector Repair for an estimate. Good work.

Many thanks for the positive rating.

Best Regards,

Rich