Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Canon printer pixma that up until yesterday was

Hi. I have a Canon printer pixma that up until yesterday was working fine. there is now an error message B200. I dont know what that means but printer not working
Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Don't think I ever have
Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have had it unplugged for 20 minutes. Just plugged back in. Same error message showing

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok done all that. still same message

• Turn off the printer
  • Open the cover
  • Turn on the printer
  • Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
  • Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
  • Leave the Printer turned on.

Tell me if it then works please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
yep. getting normal screen up now. shall I print something to try it?

yes please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
tried to print something and error message B200 has come up again, won't print

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted., this confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
out of guarantee so a new printer I suppose. Thanks for your help