carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

My 20-plus-year-old Philips Whirlpool built-in fridge

My 20-plus-year-old Philips Whirlpool built-in fridge freezer has stopped working. Is it worth having it repaired
Assistant: How long have you had your 20-PLUS-YEAR-OLD?
Customer: It was in my flat when I moved in 15 years ago and has never broken down till now
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, I am ignorant about fridge repairs and all the working parts are concealed as it is built in
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I suspect repairing the fridge would not be possible due to the age of the fridge and the availability of spare parts. I would suggest looking at replacing it.

I may be able to help find a suitable replacement if needed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where are you based. I am in London

I am in the midlands just south of Birmingham. I will only be able to help you online.