Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Panasonic TX-P50C3B won't switch on from remote. Red light

Panasonic TX-P50C3B won't switch on from remote. Red light flickers and can hear clicking. Tried changing batteries. Can't see manual on/off switch.
Assistant: What device is not powering up?
Customer: Panasonic TX-P50C3B
Assistant: How long have you had your TX-P50C3B?
Customer: About 5 years
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changing batteries in remote and turning power off and on.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Welcome to JustAnswer.com
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help
I need to know how many times the red light blinks before pausing and starting over?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
It just keeps blinking as long as I hold the red button on remote

Okay, when releasing the power button on the remote does the power light blink or stays Off?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
The red light stays on and there is intermittent clicking

Okay, was there any thunderstorm in the area when the TV got this problem?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No. Just put on standby last night and the fault was apparent this morning.

Okay, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect the TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I tried it for about 5 minutes but no success
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Trying again now

Okay, take your time

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Gave it 10 minutes, no change.

Sorry to hear that, it seems either the power supply board or the A Board (mainboard) of the TV has got an internal failure and causing this problem, most likely the A Board is suspected and should be replaced to resolve the problem

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in a new replacement TV. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. Please rate me a 5-star at the top of this chat page so I can get the credit for my work on the website

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
OK, thanks for trying!

Would you like me to close the pending phone call request to save you $18 charges?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
please.

Okay, doing it now

Phone call request has been closed, its charges will be refunded to you in a few days