Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Meridian dsp 5200.2 with ac200 and f80/m80 remote control.

meridian dsp 5200.2 with ac200 and f80/m80 remote control. Does the remote control need to be configured with the ac200 and the speakers? Mine won't "mute" the speakers nor will a replacement.
JA: What device or product has sound issues?
Customer: I can't mute the system with the mute button on the remote control. I can mute the system with the button on the ac200
JA: How long have you had your AC200?
Customer: 6 months
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: A replacement remote control
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you

The Meridian F80/M80 Remote Control will control all major functions of the AC200 without any configuration necessary.

Do all of the other functions work ok on the remote except for the Mute function?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.

Are there any headphones connected to the system when you are trying to mute it?

How long have you had the system?

Did the mute function work remotely in the past?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
No headphones connected. 6 months. the remote function has never worked. meridian sent me another remote but that doesn't work either. They now say I need the £120 remote. The handbook says the "mute" should work and mentions a setting for headphones but I can't find how to access this facility. It did occur to me that that setting might be cancelling my "mute" facility. I don't use headphones

Yes, can you find the headphones mute function in the menu options under the audio settings?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Your questions prompted me to fight my way through the equipment supplier and to get to a responsible person in Meridian Audio.. After denying there was anything wrong other than that I needed a more advanced remote control, he admitted there was some hidden software that might help. He took us through the setting up procedure which finished up with us having a fully functioning system. AT LAST. Thanks for your help. Best wishes and good bye.