Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I'm having problems with my Jaybirds X2 headphones. They

Hi, I'm having problems with my Jaybirds X2 headphones. They won't turn on and only show a green light when charging and no red. I tried the press button 8 times process but it's snot working. please help
JA: What device is not powering up?
Customer: My jaybirds X2 earphones
JA: How long have you had your X2?
Customer: About 3 years
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: The "press power button 8 times" process but it's still not working
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How long do you think it will take?

Hi there and welcome

Can you please hold the power button for 60 seconds then release

Then connect the charger and try to power it on

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, it didn't work, is there anything else I can try?

Attempt to do the following please

) Turn headphones off

2) Put headphones in pairing mode (hold middle button for 6-8 seconds until it says, "Searching for your Music Device")

3) LED will flash red and green

4) Hold both volume buttons down 6-8 seconds, this will reset the headphones

5) LED will flash orange 3 times

6) Delete Bluetooth profile from the device

7) Put headphones back into pairing mode and connect them to your device.

Tell me if it then functions please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, I said before it won't turn on so this won't work

This can get it to come on at times

If it did not then it means It is the internal board in the headphone that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the device to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I tried step 2, since that's the only one I can try, and it didn't work.
Do you know why the internal board could have faulted?
Anyway, I contacted their support a few days ago, and they haven't responded yet. I doubt it's still covered by the warranty but they should do something since it's a hardware fault. I'll see what they say.
I'm pretty disappointed to say the least.

Ok, I am sorry to hear about that, I can only tell you the reality of the situation

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you know what could've happened to cause the board to fault?

It could be any number of components on the unit, it is impossible to say from here but one of the circuits has stopped communicating

thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, thanks for the help anyway!