JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

Second opinion] I'm having problems with my Jaybirds X2

second opinion] Hi, I'm having problems with my Jaybirds X2 headphones. They won't turn on and only show a green light when charging and no red. I tried the press button 8 times process but it's snot working. please help
JA: What device is not powering up?
Customer: My jaybirds X2 earphones
JA: How long have you had your X2?
Customer: About 3 years
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: The "press power button 8 times" process but it's still not working
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

This fault points to a faulty set of batteries in the headphones. Have they been left on charge for more than a day previously?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, I don't think so, not recently at least. Do you know any other reason they're faulty?

It could be the charging circuit on the PCB, but the fact your not seeing a red light points to a voltage issue on the battery, so either the battery (most likely) is not taking charge, or the PCB is not detecting the voltage on the battery.

Though there should be charge protection, I have seen many devices which are left to charge for a day or more 'cook the battery'.

Is there anything else I can clarify for you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well I don't think I've left it to charge that long, so I don't know why the PCB or the battery's screwed up. I guess I'll try to return it and/or get another pair.
Thanks for the info!