JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

My daughters machine shows code 5c, I have drained pump and

My daughters machine shows code 5c, I have drained pump and emergency drain and it still will not carry on with cycle, her partner washed two RAF kit bags last evening and the rope on one bag blocked the drain, we cleared it, a large amount of rope bits came out! It then finished the cycle. We put a towel in this morning to ensure all rope bits are out, but I am having same problem. What more can I do.
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: WW70J3
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Clearing pump filter and emergency drain
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

At what point does the 5C error code show?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It came on at end of washing cycle before rinse. I have already emptied pump filter and emergency drain, moved the dial to spin and restarted machine , but it now will not move past 11 minutes, no longer shows 5C error code.

Right, if you set the program to a spin and drain only program does that complete?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No

Right and if you put it on a drain only program does the program start or error straight away?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No drain only option

If you put it on spin, then press the spin button to the button option (no spin) on most models it goes straight to drain only

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay, will try

OK will await to hear how it goes.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
A little bit of water came out of emergency drain. Timer stays on 1 minute, but I cannot hear any water going down external drain.

With the filter cap removed and on drain can you see if the pump blades are spinning?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I shall have to wait until my daughter arrives home from an appointment, I am not able to see as I have no light and I am an elderly lady.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can hear what i think is the pump but cannot see, sorry.

No problem will await to hear back from you once your Daughter returns home.

If the pump blades rotate it sounds like the water level sensor has failed.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
9786; we found a £1 coin lying flat on entrance to pump filter, was quite a mission to get it out, but my daughter managed. All is working correctly this morning. Thank you.

Great, glad you got everything working, appreciate if you can please rate the response using the star rating at the top of this page.