Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I had a power surge in the house and my printer now is not

I had a power surge in the house and my printer now is not working and showing alert light in front
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: wirelessly
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I don't think you understood my issue I have electrical problem I tihnk
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I had a power cut in the house and when power was back the printer showed alert yellow light and when I switched it on it did not come back
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is late in UK.. going to bed.. hopefully I will have an answer tomorrow morning.. maybe I need to change a fuse!?

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Same thing after 10 minutes... small yellow light down bottom right when it is turned on
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no noise or any other reaction from printer

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
this really has nothing to do with any foreign items.. I had a power cut in the house and when it came back the printer went into this state... cleaning heads is not going to fix this!

A build up of ink can cause it to short out and stop it from printing, but it is no issue if you do not wish to do this, which leaves the mainboard as the fault and this will need to be replaced.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks it is cheaper to buy one at 45 pounds