JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

My Russound d850 loses all blue lights 2 seconds after

Hi, my Russound d850 loses all blue lights 2 seconds after turning on. Red light Standby stays on. We may have had a power cut during the night. Any checks I can do to get it working again?
Assistant: How long have you had your D850?
Customer: 4 years
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turning on and off with the other connected amps Mca 88.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, it’s my first time contacting. How long is normal to wait to hear from an expert?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should I be still waiting for a response or is there a problem with my connectivity?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but how long? Estimate of time required would be useful.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, please can you continue to search. Thanks

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Was it on standby when you had the power cut, and what happens when you switch it off at the mains for 2 min then back on does it juts go back into the same state with none of the lights flashing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, yes the blue lights come on for a couple of seconds then go out. I have 2 amps each with 8 feeds. There are 16 wall mounted room zones around the house. When these are pressed on the day ‘initialising’ and then switch off again. I’ve attached a photo of the unit. Thanks

Right it points to a hardware fault on the main PCB, its likely a back EMF or electrical surge when power was restored has caused the main board to fail

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My only solution is talking to Russound and get a local engineer to repair?
I am afraid so, if you provide your postcode I can recommend a local firm who can repair it, this isn’t a software fault so there isn’t a way to perform a reset to get it to boot up.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi thanks. RH2 9jF.

I would recommend you contact Excell on(###) ###-####3100 or Audio Centre on(###) ###-####1964 both have excellent customer feedback.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nothing further. Many thanks.

Great so I can close the question please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page

JamesI, Technician
Experience: I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.