Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Brother ptinter DCP - L 25000. When I press the 2

I have a Brother ptinter DCP - L 25000. When I press the 2 sided copier it tells me there is a paper jam, but I have tried to clear it as they instruct, and there isn't. other facilities fine. Thank you Hazel
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: As I said above, I can't see any other identifiers
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: about a week
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Sorry, don't know
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that I am not a techie!

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will do, but I have already tried that!

Thanks, ***** ***** did that there is no reason to do it again

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Richard, I have found the blockage but it is right under the tray and I can't get it out

can you reach it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can touch it but there are several pieces of paper stuck fast and I can't get a purchase. Can I open up the back further?

only from what you see in the manual

Else you need to get some pliers and pull on it

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
tried the pliers! and the manual, well apart from where you guided me to page 53, is there any other info?

no, this is all the methods the printer has, did you go through the following pages as we discussed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have cleared it with painstaking use of the pliers - at the last tug, the 2 sided tray slid out so at least i now know what to do in future1 Many thanks