Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I have a BrotherMFC-6510DW (it is brilliant) but this

I have a BrotherMFC-6510DW (it is brilliant) but this morning I am trying to scan some documents and it simply will not connect with my computer. It will print and copy but not scan. Can you help?
JA: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?
Customer: No. It just tries to scan. It says "copying to PC" the little arrows flash across the picture of a printer, then it stops.
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I am not sure that I ever have been asked to do that!
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that is the only problem I have with it at present.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
When might I expect to hear from the electronics technician
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was scanning working fine previously?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help; we can schedule a time. Thank you.

Thank you. First, do you have a Windows or Mac computer? Or what's the make / model of your computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I think I have Windows 7. I have not had problems with the scanner before today.

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/y3hhfrga
, then open / run / install the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I've resolved the (USB) scanning issue via remote support.

- Note: In the future, if there is still issue, you can try to restart the computer and/or turn off printer, disconnect power cord from printer for a minute, then reconnect, then turn on and wait a few minutes and check. These steps would refresh the computer's memory and the printer's memory
- Also, if needed, on your computer, you can use the Brother Utilities program > the ControlCenter option to do scanning.

If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.