JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a Samsung fridge freezer RS21DGRS which stopped

i have a Samsung fridge freezer RS21DGRS which stopped making ice.
JA: How long have you had your RS21DGRS?
Customer: I disconnected the ice maker and re-connected now the display panel appears stuck in some bizzare mode. Whilst i had the ice maker disconnected the light in the freezer flashed on and off constantly
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turned it on and off. Held the top 2 buttons down for 10 seconds
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

What symbols are shown on the control panel and can you still get chilled water?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can get chilled water. Everything is lit up but no coherent numbers
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
carry on texting please

When you say everything is lit up do you mean all symbols are shown on the control panel and are you able to change the temp of the fridge for example?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All symbols lit up. Can't change temperature or anything else.

If you power the fridge off at the socket wait one min then turn back on does the screen go back to showing all symbols, or does it look normal and revert to showing all the symbols after some time?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Shows all symbols still

Right the fact your not getting any fault code showing it points to a faulty PCB, how long have you had the appliance?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
A long time. Could it be a fault with the pub on the ice maker. Everything worked on the panel fine before I disconnected that.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
PCB

If you remove the ice maker, and restart the fridge that will confirm if its the faulty ice maker.

However based on the fault your experiencing it doesnt seem likely as you would normally just get a fault code shown on the display panel.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there a factory reset such as pressing buttons in the correct sequence?

There is a service mode but this wont work as the appliance is not in a steady state, a power cycle would clear anything causing the panel to lock up. This fault would point to a hardware issue rather than a software based on the symptoms provided.

How old is the appliance?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not sure but definitely more than 5 years.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
more than 5 years
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Right just looking up the cost of patrs.

The parts are being phased out for this model, I have managed to locate a new main board here for around £130, based on the cost of the part I would suggest you opt for a fixed price repair and protect plan from Know How, details can be seen here and this covers parts and labour for almost what it would cost just for the part.

Is there anything else I can clarify for you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I thank you.