simitpatel
simitpatel, Customer Service
Experience:  I have 10 years working with electronics.
15190142

CAN I PRINT IN BLACK AND WHITE ON A BROTHER MFC9140CDN WHERE

Customer Question

CAN I PRINT IN BLACK AND WHITE ON A BROTHER MFC9140CDN WHERE THE MAGENTA TONER NEEDS REPLACING AND I AM GETTIN AN ERROR MESSAGE
JA: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: IT SEEMS TO BE DOING THAT
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: A FEW MONTHS AGO
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: ONLY THAT THIS PRINT JOB IS URGENT AND I HAVE BEEN MESSED UP BY THE REPLACEMENT CARTRIDGE WHI H IS FAULTY BUT CAN'T BE REPLACED TILLNEXT WEEK, - BUT I DON'T NEED COC;LOUR, ONLY B/W
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  simitpatel replied 1 month ago.

The first thing to try is to set the printer to Mono color mode in your computer. Go to this link:

https://help.brother-usa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52457

And click on either Windows or Macintosh depending on which operating system you are using. And then follow the steps there.

If that works, please be sure to rate my answer 5 stars. Otherwise, please let me know the exact wording of the error message you get when you try to print.

Hello. Did you still need help with this? Was I able to answer your question?