simitpatel
simitpatel, Customer Service
Experience:  I have 10 years working with electronics.
15190142

I have a PIONEER AVIC-F980BT which was bought second hand

hi I have a PIONEER AVIC-F980BT which was bought second hand and I don't have the code - how do i reset it? Thanks
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: Its a car radio/sat nav - product is PIONEER AVIC-F980BT
JA: How long have you had your AVIC-F980BT?
Customer: two weeks - since I bought the car in which it fitted
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: searched the web, searched the manuals etc
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there's not going to be any easy way to reset that code. The purpose of that code is that it is set when the radio is first installed, and if the radio ever loses power, it will then ask for the code. This is done to help prevent theft. So if possible, ask the original owner to see if they set it when they installed it. Or if they had another company install it, see if they can remember. Then you may be able to call that company to ask for that code as they often use the same code for all their installs.

The next option would be to purchase some password ***** software that many people are selling on eBay. Here is a link to a listing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-Password-Removal-for-AVIC-F980DAB-and-F980BT-Avichelp/333156084583?hash=item4d91a66b67:g:caoAAOSw9y1csjXW

Just purchase that, and they will email you some software that you would have to load onto a microSD card using your computer. Or for a fee, it says they will send you the card. Then they will send you the instructions on using that software to unlock the password.

The last option would be to contact Pioneer to have the unit sent in for the password ***** be reset.

Those three things will pretty much be the only ways to get through that password.

Please let me know whether or not that answers your question. If it does, please rate my answer 5 stars.