JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

My microwave dimension 4 is saying refer to operating

my microwave dimension 4 is saying refer to operating instructions before use and the turn table is turning with the light on.
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: panasonic
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: switching it off and on and reseting the clock
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also the door does not open
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you Nicola I am happy to wait for an answer

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Please confirm the model number of the Panasonic MW, this should be found on the rating plate to the rear.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I’m not at home at the moment can I confirm after 5pm please

No problem will follow up with you this evening.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is no serial number it is called a Panasonic dimension 4 inverter

There are a few in the dimension 4 range, this fault points to an issue with the PCB (low voltage circuit).

Have you recently had a power cut, and how old is the appliance?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No power cut and I think it’s 10 years old approx

This is probably not an economical repair then, the typical life expectancy of a MW is around 8 years, after which you start encountering issues with the turn table motor, lamp, control panel and PCB. Without knowing the exact model of Dimension 4 you have its hard to pin point availability of the part, but assuming its similar to the NA775S, the PCB's are showing obsolete (see here), however the typical cost of a new MW PCB is around £60-80 just for the part, for this reason I would suggest your better off replacing rather than repairing the appliance.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

JamesI, Technician
Experience: I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.