JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a SC-HC30DB audio unit. A number of years, the DAB is

I have a SC-HC30DB audio unit.
JA: How long have you had your SC-HC30DB?
Customer: A number of years, the DAB is not working. all other formats are ok.
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: all the DAB functions, nothing works, it is not a signal issue. all that appears on the display is DAB, signal icon, and program. neither the remote or pressing buttons on the unit make a difference. i hope you can help
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

So the tuner doesnt respond to button presses for DAB functions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am disappointed that I am committed to more money and there is no Technician available.
Please respond positively

I am not in a position to call, I am afraid the fault you have is a hardware one relating to the PCB which handles the inputs for the DAB function buttons.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you. I trust you will not charge me £15 for that information. What is a PCB

Why wouldnt I charge for my services? Happy to clarify additional information but this is a chargeable service.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Very disappointing. You didn't even answer my question about PCB.
you pledge 100% satisfaction. Not in this case.

As mentioned happy to clarify and provide additional information, relating to your issue.

A PCB is the printed circuit board its the component which is in essence the brains of the unit.

Looking online the PCB is showing obsolete.