simitpatel
simitpatel, Customer Service
Experience:  I have 10 years working with electronics.
15190142

I have a TX-55AS802B. When I watch anything on Amazon Prime,

Customer Question

Good Afternoon, I have a TX-55AS802B. When I watch anything on Amazon Prime, the sound cuts out for a second or two all the way through the streaming. My network speek is very good as I have a cable directly from my router to the tv. The version of the app is dated 2011, but I can't find a way of updating the app on the TV. Can you help?
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: TX-55AS802B 2015
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Just On Prime. Netflix etc ok.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: it's always been like this since I started using Amazon.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just how to update the app. I suspect this will solve the problem.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  simitpatel replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Unfortunately, due to the age of that app, it just doesn't work well. And Panasonic hasn't bothered to update it for that TV, and if they haven't by now, they likely won't. This is an issue many people are reporting. It's one of the reason that I don't recommend Panasonic TVs when people ask me. They just don't keep their TVs updated which is an absolute necessity these days. There's really not anything you can do. As you already know, your network is likely solid. The issue isn't on Amazon's end. It's just that app on that TV.

The only way around it would be to get another device like a Fire Stick or a Roku. I personally prefer the Fire, but you can't go wrong with either one. Here's a link to purchase one online. https://amzn.to/2XgvYOe

And if you still wish to connect it wired, they do make an adapter. Here's the one I use: https://amzn.to/2IlUipO

I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but there's really nothing that can be done on the TV itself.

If that answers your question, please be sure to rate my answer 5 stars. Otherwise just let me know if you still need help with it.