Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Our Panasonic TV, which isn’t all that old, has suddenly

Customer Question

Our Panasonic TV, which isn’t all that old, has suddenly stopped working. I’m told it is because the back lighting has failed. When putting the TV on, it flashes on and off. Is t his a terminal illness or can it be repaired? Or should we be buying a new TV? Your advice would be appreciated.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Must be around 7 years old. Model number is *****
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The menu comes up but only for a second or two. Don’t know what you mean by the second question.
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your TX42A5600B? What happened right before this?
Customer: Suddenly happened on Saturday when we tried to switch on the TV. No problem before that.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No - I think t hat’s all there is to it. But I’m notoriously non-tech!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please