Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I've changed my BT broadband hub and now want to connect my

Customer Question

I've changed my BT broadband hub and now want to connect my Canon MG6850 printer to my laptop.
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Canon Pixma
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: I changed my hub yesterday. Some instruction I saw said enter canon.com/ijsetup and click setup. But I didn't see setup!
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I don't think I have ever updated it.My Lenovo laptop is about 5 years old. Earlier today I attempted Driver Support Setup but I didn't complete it when I got to the request for money! I don't really know why I tried that. I'm 85 years old and I'm not very technical.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm in your hands! I just want my printer to work!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you still have the disk that came with the printer?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, put it in the computer and run the installation, one of the steps is connecting it to the network again, it will lead you through this

let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
disk inserted but how do I start to run it?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Are you on windows or a Mac?

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
windows and I'll just continue
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Open windows file manager and you see the disk under devices and drives

There you click on it to run it