Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Having removed a sheet of jammed paper, the MFC J6520DW no

Having removed a sheet of jammed paper, the MFC J6520DW no longer prints or copies. The paper feeds through but nothing is not printed on?
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: MFCJ520DW
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: Last 1/2 hour since I removed jammed paper
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Dont think I ever have. Where do I find that?
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you. Thanks for your help

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Done that now, but had tuned it off at printer end for a few minutes, made no difference

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Done that. still not printing

What now happens when you try to print?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
paper goes through. nothing printed on it

Can you please put different cartridges into it and tell me if it then works please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
only have one set of cartridges. but I've taken them out and put back in again

Ok, but one of them can be faulty, so we need to replace

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
could it have had anything to do with removing the jammed paper earlier?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
not so easy to do immediately. I'm a one man band and will need to order on line. so I guess we cant take this further at this stage?

It can be, but we need to check if one of the cartridges has faulted

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok, thanks for your help so far

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.