Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic Viera TX L32 G20B and it seems to have

I have a Panasonic Viera TX L32 G20B and it seems to have slowed down when trying to change channels. The remote still lights up and it started to happen when I updated channels . Also, I used to have Sky and have only just started use the Freeview system
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: I just told you the brand and model above
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Everything seems to work but very very slowly, although it seemed to update the channels - see above
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: As above!! it seemed to become an issue when I updated the Freeview system. I don't know about before that as I had Sky so didn't use it.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don' t think so

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have already done this about 5 times over the last few days, with no success

Can you tell me what else you have done please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I thought I had already answered your question - I don't know where the answer went but I have tried to re-boot using Tv switch and Volume buttons

Tv sitch and volume buttons?

they were not the instructions I gave you

I repeated them bellow

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, I have also already answered that request, where are my answers going? To repeat yes, I have tried removing power by unplugging from socket and leaving about 5 times already over the past 2 days

Please click this link

http://eng.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20638/~/how-to-reset-the-tv-to-the-factory-default-settings.

And follow the steps to reset the TV

Tell me how it now functions please

I get a message the number is *****

did you do the instructions I gave you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My telephone number is ***** for some reason your website left off the zero.

Thats the number I called but I get a message this number cannot be called

did you do the instructions I gave you? About resetting the TV

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you I await your call

I will repeat a third time

Thats the number I called but I get a message this number cannot be calleddid you do the instructions I gave you? About resetting the TV
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
for the third time, I have done everything you asked except for the factory settings - my remote does not have that option it says something different and I cannot get out of it. Shall I call you?

What does the screen then say if it says something different?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The whole thing is working so slowly, I can't get back to anything for minute at a time and then it goes to somewhere else. You do seem to have my number correctly, can I not call you?

No I cannot be called sorry

So you cannot navigate anywhere on the TV at all?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it’s working too slowly

ok, so please slowly then do the instructions I gave to reset the TV

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I’m still waiting for any screen to appear!! Is it still impossible for you to phone me? I have already paid the £15.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As far as I can tell I can only get the Viera menu

So the menu is not responding?

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Still says Viera menu and I can’t get past it

It is the internal memory that has faulted,, it is the only cause left

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your help!? However what’s happened to my money for phone call? How do I get it refunded?

yes, that was marked for a refund

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for that - however disappointing the answer to my problem