Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Sharp cd-sw340 wont turn on only red blinking light

Assistant: What device is not powering up?
Customer: Sharp cd-sw340
Assistant: How long have you had your CD-SW340?
Customer: 3 year
Assistant: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Unplugging and resetting timer
Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Long red light then 4 quick flashes
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the unit (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I unplugged it 2 days ago and tried it again last night but still same

unplug all the speakers from it and the antenna and then power it on

what then happens?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Doesn't power on just flashing red light still. 1 long light the 4 quick flashes
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Still

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer