Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have rectangle persistently appearing at the top left

I have rectangle persistently appearing at the top left corner of the scree disturbing the view under it. it shows, in part, a horizontal arrow inserted into a horizontal U shape. How can I remove this obstruction?
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: SONY Bravia
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: I am not quite sure, but it is approx 4 years old.
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Clicking various keys on the hand held Control. The unit has Serial No on it. RM-ED009.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's it. Thanks.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Done. Shall I wait on-line now for 10 minutes? Will you still be there or should i phone you later?

yes please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am afraid the obstruction is still on the screen.

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Will do so now.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Still there. Must be a set-up yes?

It is the LCD panel that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Grrr... I'll replace the TV.
Many thanks.