*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Just trying to setup, brother, plugging in, installing ink,

Hi there - yes, just trying to setup
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: brother
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: plugging in, installing ink
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the 'inbox ink' (what???!?) wont install/load up blah blah
just tells me to load then unload cartridges
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
MFC-J3530DW
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello?
The Install Inbox Ink message will appear if the first ink cartridges you install are not the cartridges that came with the machine.To clear this message, you must uninstall and re-seal the current ink cartridges, then install the Inbox ink cartridges that came with the machine.Follow the steps below to remove the current ink cartridges and reinstall the Inbox Ink:Open the ink cartridge cover on the right-hand side of the machine's front panel.Press the lock release lever to release the cartridge colour indicated on the machine's LCD display.Remove the cartridge from the machine.Reinstall the cartridge's orange protective packing.Do not touch the cartridge in the area indicated ; this can prevent the machine from detecting the cartridge.Turn the green release lever on the orange protective packing (1) clockwise until it clicks.Repeat Step 2 through 5 until you have removed and re-sealed all four ink cartridges.
Once you have re-sealed all four ink cartridges, go to Step 6.After removing the cartridges from the machine, store them in a plastic bag to prevent ink from drying.
Install the Inbox ink cartridges that came with the machine.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, thanks for this. I already dont like this printer.
Your welcome!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
look, there is no orange protactive packaging other than an orange cover for the nozzles that fit into the cartridges. THere is no green lever that I can see.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok. so i loaded new cartridges not the ones that came with etc. Am now loading theose originals and it is beginning to work. How do I protect the new cartridges I bought now that they have been briefly used?

You can store them in a sealed zip lock bag.

hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.

Thank you very much!