Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

The fridge on my Samsung freezer isn't cooling well. Should

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: The fridge on my Samsung freezer isn't cooling well. Should I pull it out and vacuum the compressor?
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: It's a Samsung fridge/freezer. I don't have a model number but it's black
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well, there was a build-up of ice in the fridge which I haven't managed to clear completely, apart from that I haven't done anything
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not really
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Approximately how old is the fridge-freezer?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
About 5 or 6 years. I'm not sure, I wasn't the first owner

You should ensure there is sufficient airflow around the back of the fridge-freezer. Remove any build up of dust if necessary.

Have you tried adjusting the thermostat?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’ve done all that but where is the thermostat? Do you mean the temperature regulator on the outside of the fridge?

There should also be a setting inside the fridge for how cool you want it to be.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No there isn’t one

Can you find the model number on the rear of the machine?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No need. I've fixed the problem. I've taken the back panel off, vacuumed and defrosted the fridge completely. It's working perfectly again.
Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear it is working again!
Pete.